Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pinterest Fail

This was one I hoping would be a success but to my surprise it was a big fail!
Here is the Pinterest post:

Throw 2 sliced apples, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour 2 cups of oatmeal and 4 cups of water on top. Do NOT stir. Cook overnight for 8 - 9 hours on low

Ok, First, I prepared all the ingredients mentioned above, don't mind the dirty crock pot. 
Then I put it all in the crock pot in the order it said and this is what it looked liked 

After the 8 hour cooking time this is what I ended up with


Looks are deceiving, It was bland and really mushy. The 8 hours pretty much turned the apples into applesauce and was absorbed by the oatmeal. I had to add a lot more sugar to just make it a little sweet and even the home made whipped cream and Ice cream did not save this. ( I figured it would turn out like a cobbler of some sort... nope). I felt wrong eating it as dessert because I had just made an 8 hour oatmeal! I think that is why they say to cook it over night so you can wake up and have a nice gooey, bland oatmeal for breakfast but not as a dessert. 
This is a FAIL!
(too bad, it looked really yummy) 

No comments:

Post a Comment