Sunday, March 3, 2013

Apartment Frustration

Today is going to be a bit of venting. Ok, a lot of venting! We are temporarily living in an apartment until our house is completed and let me tell you I am SICK of it!
As a Mother I am extra sick of it and here is why. We have a very active 3 year old who needs a lot of space and we have only a small patio for him to play. We are on the ground level and our neighbors above us also have kids but no bed time (at least that is what the noise is telling us), running and jumping all day into the late evening and I have even heard them jumping and running into the early, early morning when I wake to feed our baby! They also like to throw their junk  stuff off their patio and it lands right in front of ours where it looks like it came from us and we could get a fine for it.
The windows leak and are growing MOLD! (eewww) and it is so hard for me to keep or oldest away from the window sill because he likes to drive his cars on it. He does not understand what mold is so I just tell him it is yucky and dirty, don't touch it! (yeah right Mommy) Also with little ones I am concerned about the air quality and don't just want a worker coming in and splashing paint on it (it looks like that is how they dealt with it in the past). (ugh)
Oh, and on bright sunny days with little or no wind our power goes out! This happens almost on a daily basis . Is this crazy or what?? I am sure there are worse stories of apartment living and feel free to share yours, I would love to hear some experiences you have had and some advice on how I can make it through these next four weeks without loosing my mind. haha
Thank you for listening to my rant, I do feel much better! Don't forget to place your vote on the right side bar! I am working on some Pinterest recipes and will have those post's coming soon. Also more on a product I LOVE for Chemical Free living called NORWEX. Thanks to those who have voted, keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment