Thursday, March 21, 2013

Post Baby #2

I thought I would do a small update on my progress and feelings about my post baby body. So as of yesterday I have 8 more lbs to loose to get to my post baby weight, I don't like to focus on the number because my body is so different now but I am so close! A few days ago I tried on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear since my first trimester (before belly) and to my surprise they FIT! Now I still don't look as good in them as I want but they are on and up over my hips and ....... gasp....... buttoned with no muffin!!! This was a big self esteem boost, so as I am continuing to drop the lbs (thanks breast feeding!) I need to work on my self image. It feels great to get back in my pants, well just one pair at least. I still need to grow to love my new self, the stretch marks are not pretty and instead of obsessing to get rid of them I am slowing growing to accept and maybe even love them.
I am proud to be a Mother. I know not everyone has that chance and so as I look at the reminders on my body after a long hard day with my strong willed (but very sweet) tot, I am reminded of what a miracle God has blessed me with. Suddenly I am not so upset and with each day and week that passes, these marks turn more and more beautiful in my eyes. You will not however see me in a bikini this summer, these marks are special to me and do not need to be made public. Also, as a Mother of 2 boys I have a different kind of awareness and do not want to encourage them to oogle over girls in bikini's because Mom wears one so its OK. (Its ok if that doesn't make sense to you) I still probably have more days of feeling less than I should be but I realize it is a growing process and takes time. I am not on a mission to erase the reminders on my body but to feel healthy and strong to keep up with my growing family (and it would be nice to not have to buy a whole new wardrobe). :)
I have a lot of growing and self realization to do and I will keep you posted on my journey in this. Today is a good day and I am happy to say that with a smile. :) We are all in this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment